April 13, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m.To all students via email and TSTC Portal
As we have made adjustments during the COVID-19 situation, one of TSTC's priorities has been to ensure our students have options to finish the Spring semester courses. Over the next few days, your instructors will be reaching out to discuss the following available options for both our graduating and returning students.
If you're a student who is scheduled to graduate this semester, you have three options:
- Option 1: Receive an "IP" (in progress) and use your program-related work experience after graduation to complete course requirements.
- Option 2: Receive either a letter grade (A-F) or a pass/fail grade for the work completed up until this point.
- Option 3: Receive an extended spring semester to complete coursework and labs when it's safe to do so.
If you're a returning student who is still working toward your degree, you have several options:
- Option 1: Receive either a letter grade (A-F) or a pass/fail grade if you have met all course requirements up until this point.
- Option 2: If you have not met all of the requirements for your course(s) this semester, the following options apply:
- Receive an extended spring semester to complete coursework and labs when it's safe to do so for a letter grade or a pass/fail for the course.
- Receive an "IP" (in progress) for your course(s) and return to the same course(s) at the next available time available within the next year at no cost to you.
- Drop one or more of your courses this semester with no academic penalty and a "W" (withdrawal) will be issued without the 6-drop limit.
Our goal is for instructors to meet with each student to determine what works best for your unique circumstances in each course you are taking this spring semester. Should you have further questions, your enrollment coach will be glad to meet with you and help facilitate the conversation with your instructor.
Student Learning & Enrollment Management